More Sustainable & Economic Gas Supply
We will deliver a more sustainable and economic gas supply by implementing a fully integrated gas master plan that increases productivity, performance and delivery. We will ensure optimum resource utilization and improved energy efficiency and demand-side management.
We will achieve greater operational effectiveness and reduce unit costs, while maintaining production flexibility. This will support our efforts to meet the UAE’s domestic gas demand.
Working closely with the Upstream Directorate, we will accelerate the exploration and potential development of unconventional gas.
• Maximize value from natural gas and gas products
• Ensure security of the gas supply
• Build on strong track record on ultra-sour gas processing to expand Al Hosn processing capacity by 50 per cent to 1.5 million standard cubic feet
• Invest in developing the Hail, Ghasha, Delma, Nasr and Shuwaihat fields, which could produce 1.2 Bscfd of gas
• 10% increase in energy efficiency of operations in 2020 versus 2016
cubic feet of raw gas produced per day
standard cubic feet of LNG imported for the Sales Gas Network to ensure a sustainable supply of gas to the UAE
while maintaining production flexibility