The fraudster poses as a representative of ADNOC and/or one of its subsidiaries (ADNOC Group). They pretend that they are offering an opportunity to contract with an ADNOC Group company to provide goods or services; or that there is an investment opportunity. Often (not always) the fraud involves requesting you to pay money to them in order to win the contract or participate in the investment.
ADNOC will never ask for money from a third party in order for that third party to participate in its procurement process or in order to be considered for a business or investment opportunity.
Always remember – if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Use your common sense:
• Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions from sources you cannot independently verify as being legitimate.
• Do not provide personal or financial details to anyone you do not know or trust, or on a website you do not trust.
• Be alert for suspicious signs:
- poor use of language;
- use of e-mail addresses like yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com. ADNOC emails will only ever come from @adnoc.ae;
- requests for money to be paid in advance;
- contact through social websites such as Facebook etc.
• Be suspicious when dealing with anyone who does not have a direct telephone line / who never answer when you call their number, but return your call later (from a different number).
• Always independently verify the legitimacy of any business or investment opportunity before you take any decision.
The ADNOC Group maintains a professional LinkedIn account - all correspondence will always come from an @adnoc.ae email address.
You can notify us of any suspected business scam by emailing ADNOC Compliance Team.
Consider if its appropriate to notify local law enforcement in your area if you are the victim of an attempted scam.
Fake Business Propositions are not authorized or connected in any way with ADNOC or its subsidiaries. ADNOC and its subsidiaries are not responsible for them. This means ADNOC and its subsidiaries have no responsibility for any action you take in connection with a scam. We won’t be liable for any loss you suffer in connection with a scam.